Life Center is always in need of individuals who are looking to make a difference. It’s time to take the first step.
Let us know how we can satisfy your desire to be a supporter and GET INVOLVED!
Here’s how you can begin to promote change:
- Time- “Leaders” are always needed; give back to your community…Volunteer!
- Money- Become a Partner and Supporter…Start making a difference Today!
- Food- Non-Perishable Food items are always needed.
- Clothing- Help to clothe our community (includes blankets, sheets, towels, etc.).
- Furniture- Any new or used (but nice) Household Items including baby items, dishes, pots and pans, etc.
- School Supplies, Backpacks, Cars, Trucks, Boats etc…
Host: Host a Food Drive, Funds Drive, Pencil Drive, Deoderant Drive..
~Make your drive unique while giving back to those in need!
We have been sending care packages to our troops serving in Iraq and Afghanistan. The State of Illinois has deployed the Illinois National Guard from Machesney Park to serve in Afghanistan starting in November. Our men and women cannot get some of the things we take for granted by going to the store. They appreciate all that we send them. If you would like to contribute to this very worthwhile cause, please contact the Life Center at 815-964-4966 for the list of items most requested.
The Life Center has been recycling ink cartridges and cell phones for almost three years. Last year we began to send them to Think recycle who are an Environmental Restoration Program for both the United States and Canada. Not only do we receive a monetary donation for items sent, but for every 12 items sent a tree is planted in the United States through the American Forest on behalf of Life Center. In 2007 over 500 trees were planted on their behalf.
Volunteers: Pray that we continue to have help in all of our ministries and that our volunteers are healthy and blessed.
Donators: Pray that donations continue to come in, and that the donators are blessed from giving.
Tools For School: Pray that the community of Rockford gets involved so that we can make a bigger difference this coming school year.